Saturday, August 25, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You, Makes You Stronger...

Or succeeds the second time.

I signed up for a half marathon in July. Been training ever since. The race isn't until the middle of September so I have time yet to work on getting faster. I will never be as fast as my current running buddy (or any of my past buddies for that matter) but really, I should only be competing with myself. It should be easy as I am a slow runner.

At any rate, my buddy and I attempted ten miles this morning and...well let's say it won't be difficult to beat that time next try. I could crawl faster. Matter of fact, next time I think I will crawl. To be fair, I think I tore my right gluteus maximus muscle. For those of you with limited anatomical knowledge, my bum hurts. A lot. Like I'll be icing then heating it until Monday. Who's ideas was it to sign up for this half marathon anyway!?

Oh yeah, mine.

The problem is that when I signed up I was thinking "thirteen miles, I can do that" when what I should have been thinking was "run for three hours. Are you crazy!?"

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

No comments: