Thursday, August 30, 2012

Focus, Focus, Focus...

Like many of you, I have stuff to do. Every day.

I also know many of you feel like there just aren't enough hours in a day and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're all working really hard to make the hours you have count.

I wish I could say the same but, for whatever reason, I have the attention span of a six month old. Thankfully, I can say this hasn't been a long term affliction but it is a recent one. I can not focus to save my life right now.

Actually, I know the reason. Ever since I published my book, I feel this unbelievable urge to check Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Push-ebook/dp/B008Z6AM3Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1346963483&sr=1-1&keywords=push+d.p.+davidson, Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/215210 and Facebook every fifteen minutes to check my stats and, let me tell you, it really cuts into my day. If my stats are high, I get so excited I break out into an impromptu dance party. If my stats are low, I curl up on my bed and suck my thumb.

If my stats haven't moved, I sit on the couch and wonder what's wrong with me or my book or any number of things that are out of my control. My buddy (who ever after shall be referred to as C.C.) has told me I should limit my stat watching to once a week.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on there. Shouldn't we start slow and easy. I know some people think you should just rip the band-aid off all at once. I am not one of those people. I believe we should just keep the band-aid on until it desintigrates on it's own. Now, I realize for some of you that might be a little unorthadox or...gross but...I can't think of any defense for my position except, I'm a pansy. An obsessive/compulsive pansy.

Don't judge.

No comments: