Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Survey Says...

Question: When is a slap to the forehead a proper response to an annoying question?
Answer: If anyone has one, I'd really love to hear it.

As a writer I find that editing is a process. One pass isn't enough to catch all of the mistakes that will inevitably occur. Two passes won't cover it either, but I have found that as the writer I can't edit it enough to catch everything. It requires a set of fresh eyes to see what I am missing. Also, maybe reading it out loud.

I type up these posts and read them through several times for any errors, but more often than not, I won't catch one or two (or three or four) mistakes until I post... the post. Thankfully, I will catch the mistake sooner rather than later, but since no one reads this blog it's really a moot point.

However, I refuse to post mistake filled drivel! Only properly edited drivel will do, so when someone asks me "do you read things before you post them?" I want to reach out and smack him...Uh, I mean the random person who asks. I know people just want to help, but if you want to be helpful why don't you offer a second set of eyes, Random Person Who In No Way Represents Anyone I Know!

Now that I have that off my chest...

No comments: