Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Blame Game...

It's a fun game when you're blaming other people, but it starts to get weird when everyone is blaming themselves.

See, what had happened was...

My family went to Utah this summer to see my brother, J.D. and his family. It was awesome. We slept in the living room on our fat air mattress. It was like a week long sleep over. We went hiking up a mountain, and hiking up another mountain and then to add a little variety, we went hiking up a mountain that led to a cave. A very narrow cave, I might add. A very narrow cave with a fault line running through the middle. It gives me chills just to remember it. Also, for the first time in my life I actually did walk uphill both ways. It was so very, very wrong.

Anyway, I digress.

Whilst on our trip we had the opportunity to spend time with some dear friends who decided to head for higher ground and left the great state of Texas leaving us all alone, but we're not bitter (maybe we're still a little bitter). This has what to do with the Blame Game you ask? Hold on I'm gettin' there.

We spent one evening with my friend Montie who was watching her sister's three kids so she could go out with her husband for their anniversary. The evening was going along nicely, Sharknado II was in my very near future and all was right with the world when we heard the soul piercing cry of a ruined evening come from the basement.

The youngest boy, barely eighteen months had crawled up in a chair and then promptly fell off. And bit a lovely hole in his tongue.

It bled and bled and bled, and I remembered why I changed my mind about nursing school. So. Much. Blood.

After twenty minutes of blood gushery Montie and I put the boy into the car and took him to the emergency care clinic around the corner. I drove while she comforted (and papertoweled his mouth) in the back seat. As we neared the clinic she declared tat the accident was her fault as she shouldn't have left the chair in the basement. I reminded her it was called an accident for a reason.

Mr. D called while we were waiting for the doctor to tell me that one by one each of the children came to claim responsibility for the accident. That's seven kids. There was a lot of blame floating around the mountains of Utah that night, but do you know who really is at fault? The parents. If they had never gotten married he wouldn't have fallen out of that chair. Happy anniversary Cam and Matt.

By the way, they (Cam and Matt) just added to their brood. Congratulations and welcome to the jungle Mia!




No comments: