Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What's In A Nom-De-Plume...

As I was drifting off to sleep last night a random thought popped into my head: there's already an author by the name if Diana Davidson. Okay, it's Diane Davidson and there's a Mott in between, but that's still really close to my name. I think she would probably have the right to keep it because she was here first. That being the case, I need a pen name.

I had thought about it once before and my favorite professor mentioned it as well but what would I use. I've considered D.P. Davidson or D.M. Davidson. I've also considered something completely different than my own name, though I can't remember any right now.

However the name that occured to me last night is a variation of my own name, something that's close enough that one can still find me but different enough to set me apart. Suprisingly I really, really like it.

It's Ana Davis.

No comments: