Friday, May 6, 2011

If April Showers Bring May Flowers, What Do May Flowers Bring?

Pilgrims.

So it's May and I only have three more exams until classes are over. Fortunately, my kids had a school break this week. How does that work, you ask. Well they're home schooled. I have them on a six weeks on/one week off setup. This has worked out really well. Since they had the week off, I was able to focus more on my studies.

However, home schooled children are just as bad as public schooled children in that they all know the words to the "I'm bored" song and it isn't long before they start to sing it. My oldest started Monday. But she was quickly singing a new tune after I sang the "I'll give you something to do" chorus.

At any rate, this was the week when I could devote more time to study. It also happens to be the week where I ran out of steam. I just can't force myself to do any more. So I worked out a little compromise with myself. I would study for a time, then take a wee break. Sounds like a good plan right? Well, as my mother always said, the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Now just to be clear, I have an A in all three of my classes and even if I bomb all three of those exams I'll still walk away with B's. Right now B is okay with me, but I studied. On Tuesday and Wednesday.

Monday and Thursday, I looked at my books. Then I spent the day cross-stitching and watching X-Files. Don't judge.

No comments: