Friday, October 14, 2011

Ju Got Some 'Splainin To Do...

When I started my educational pursuits, nigh on two thousand aught eight, my goal was nursing school. Since then I have written a book (and have ideas for several more) and I've found I have a passion for it. My loved ones have mentioned that my eyes light up when I talk about writing and I confess, I feel a brightness coming from within whenever I think about all of the lovely stories that I plan to write. Because of said joy, I have changed my goals just a smidgen. Nursing school is now plan B.

Mr. D. asked me, a few nights ago, what the point of the last few semesters were, if I have changed course. I didn't have an answer at that point but have since found it. The point, my dear Mr.D, is this... I have learned things in those classes that make my stories so much better. I have been inspired by teachers, classmates and the subjects themselves. I have seen a way to weave reality into an engaging story and I have seen myself become...more.

Even if I never get to nursing school, I won't ever see those classes as wasted effort. I see them as doorways to what I am capable of.

Now, if I can just find a publishing house that feels the same way.

No comments: