Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Education For The Real World

One of the things I've been in to this last two years is going back to school. I started back to work last year and decided I wanted to go back to school to learn the skills needed to help me to be better at my job. It was amazing!

Miney graduated from high school leaving Moe the lone homeschooler and we both knew it was time to change things up, so he started at the public high school in August. It was rough for the both of us and I was really really thankful to have my job to keep me busy. 

So I'm plugging along with goals and purpose and everything is moving forward until April when I start feeling like my time at my current employ is fast coming to an end. There are various reasons and many of them I could have ignored, but the main reason was knowing it was a prompting. I don't mess with promptings. I don't ignore promptings. I sometimes resist them, but only to my detriment. 

One week after I resigned my position, Babe went out of town for a week and four days later, Miney got into an accident that totaled her car. Babe was supposed to be home two days after that, but the Lord wasn't finished testing me yet. The weather in DFW kept his plane from landing and diverted them to Oklahoma City, literally three hours away, just far enough out and late enough in the evening to be annoying. He couldn't drive home, and would have been royally pissed if I had come to get him so he got to sleep in a nasty hotel instead. 

He finally made it home Friday morning and Miney's wrist, which we were told was broken, wasn't even a little bit broken (thank goodness). We're still down to two cars because apparently I am the reason our insurance premium is now an insane amount. We haven't settled with the insurance yet, but even after we have, I plan to walk everywhere for the rest of my life. We can't afford me. I'm a freakin' liability!



No comments: